Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Blogs Beginning

At this point in time I currently have two main PC's and one laptop that I use. The laptop is a Compaq/HP nc4000. An absolute wonderful laptop for school use and portability. The performance it offers is perfect for basic daily use. Web surfing, documentation, and video playback. It's currently running Fedora 12. I'm too lazy to find its exact specs online but you have the model number now so be my guest if you are curious.

As for my two PC's, they are quite different. My first PC I consider my "main" is hand built with an Intel E6850 OC'd to 3.4GHz, 4Gb Patriot memory, BFG Nvidia GTS 250, all on a P5B-Deluxe motherboard. In the Operating System department, it currently has Windows 7 Pro 64-bit and Linux Mint 9 Isadora 32-bit. (Gnome)

I have had an extreme amount of success with Mint 9 Isadora. For drivers it was ridiculously simple. The 3D acceleration for the Nvidia card took some time and unique thinking to get it working correctly but that's another post.

The second PC is quite older. It is a Compaq PD1000 desktop. Feel free to look it up. The CPU is a Pentium II with only 512Mb of memory. It did run Windows XP at one point in time but has been on Knoppix 3.7 for some time now. I use it for smaller tasks that it is perfectly capable of handling. As I said I consider the E6850 the "main" PC.

That about wraps up the current hardware I am using at this point in time so I guess on to more business then.

No comments:

Post a Comment